Guidance on social Responsibility
ISO 26000 provides guidance to organisations on the fundamentals and concepts of social responsibility. The guidelines describe the characteristics, trends and background of social responsibility on the global stage. The standard covers:
- Key principles and practices associated with social responsibility
- The core subjects and issues related to social responsibility
- Guidance on how to integrate social responsibility within organisations
- How to implement and promote social responsibility behaviours within the organisations and its sphere of influence
- How to engage with stakeholders on social responsibility issues
- Managing internal and external communication related to social responsibility
This standard can be used by any organisation, regardless of its size, scope, field of business, public or private, to integrate and implement a social responsibility framework based on accepted international best practices.
ISO 26000 was developed to help organisation contribute to sustainable development, and to achieve corporate social responsibility frameworks beyond legal and regulatory compliance. The standard references and is aligned with many international benchmarks related to social responsibility and sustainability. ISO 26000 draws attention to three key areas for social responsibility: economic, environmental and social development.
Achieving ISO 26000 attestation for your social responsibility framework will help your organisation:
- Promote your leadership in the field of corporate social responsibility.
- Design and implement policies, objectives and programmes for your contributions towards sustainable development.
- Gain competitive advantage and supplier preference status with reputable and like-minded organisations.
- Implement a framework to manage and monitor your performance and results related to social responsibility and sustainability.
- Develop a governance framework to manage social responsibility initiatives based on international best practices and criteria.
- Make a difference within your communities and throughout your supply chain.