ISO 45001 OH&S Foundation Course
This course aims to provide delegates who have an existing basic knowledge of, or experience in, occupational health and safety management, with an understanding of the management systems approach and the requirements of ISO 45001.
It additionally provides a basis for delegates who wish to go on to complete CQI and IRCA Certified OHSMS Auditor Training courses.
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend
This course is for those requiring an introduction to ISO 45001, especially those involved in the design, implementation and management of an OHSMS. Successful completion of this course is required for certification as an Internal Auditor on IRCA’s OHSMS Auditor Certification scheme.
Attending this course will help you understand how to develop an occupational health and safety management system (OH&S) within your organisation based on the ISO 45001 international standard. It will introduce you to the basic concepts of OH&S risk and impact analysis, and how to translate that into operational controls to reduce injuries and accidents related to OH&S within your organisation.
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) – introduction and key OHS concepts
- OHSMS based on ISO 45001:2018 including the Process Approach
- Key ISO 45001 requirements
- Organisational context
- OH&S Policy and Planning
- Risks and opportunities to the OHSMS
- Hazard identification and elimination and controls, operation, performance evaluation and improvement
- ISO 45001:2018 requirements including; worker needs, interests and participation as well as interested parties
- Continual improvement of an OHSMS