Impartiality Policy Statement
Global Business Bureau Certification LLC, its leadership, Staff and Sub–contractors fully understand the importance of impartiality in undertaking its Certification activities. Global Business Bureau Certification LLC will therefore ensure that in all its dealings with clients or potential clients all employees or other personnel are and will remain impartial.
To ensure that impartiality is both maintained and can be demonstrated the following principals have been established.
- Global Business Bureau Certification LLC Certificates are only issued following a review by an independent authorized and competent member of the management team (who has not been involved in the audit) to ensure that no interest shall predominate
- Global Business Bureau Certification LLC does not offer (and has never offered) management system consultancy or any other form of consultancy to companies or individuals.
- Global Business Bureau Certification LLC does not offer (and has never offered) an internal audit service to its certified clients.
- Global Business Bureau Certification LLC does not own or have any interest (financial or otherwise) in any other company that offers certification or management system consultancy services.
- Global Business Bureau Certification LLC does not have (and will not form) any relationships with companies who offer consultancy or other services that can be construed as having an impact on the certification services provided by Global Business Bureau Certification LLC.
Any proposed relationship between Global Business Bureau Certification LLC and any other company will undergo a risk assessment by the Committee for Impartiality prior to that relationship being formalized. Any current relationships with companies, organizations and individuals will be risk assessed on a regular basis to ensure that the relationship does not impact upon the impartiality of the certification process.
- Individuals employed by or otherwise contracted to Global Business Bureau Certification LLC are required to document and record their current and past relationships with all companies. Any situation past or present which may present a potential conflict of interest is required by Global Business Bureau Certification LLC to be declared. Global Business Bureau Certification LLC will use the information to identify any threats to impartiality and will not use that individual in any capacity unless they can demonstrate that there is no conflict of interest.
- Global Business Bureau Certification LLC will not allocate a member of staff or sub–contractor to a management system audit where any past relationship has existed. Exceptionally and at the discretion of the Certification Manager or CEO an individual or sub–contractor may be allocated to a management system audit where a past relationship has existed but there has been no relationship for a minimum of 2 years.
- Global Business Bureau Certification LLC does not and will not offer any commission, (‘finders fees’ or other inducements) to any individual or company in respect of referrals of clients unless:
- The terms and conditions of any such referral are clearly established and can be demonstrated and it can also be demonstrated that the fee is for a referral and the fact that a commission has been paid will in no way effect the outcome of an audit.
- A risk assessment (to establish the potential for an unacceptable threat to impartiality) has been carried out on the process through which any such payment is made to an individual or organisation (normally a consultant) requesting the commission for referrals.
- All such payments are documented, recorded, and traceable and accompanied by a purchase order and invoice.
- Global Business Bureau Certification LLC does not offer specific training to any company in respect of implementing a particular standard for that company. Any training offered by Global Business Bureau Certification LLC is general in nature and available to all companies or individuals who wish to attend.
- Global Business Bureau Certification LLC will ensure that it is not linked or marketed in any way which links it with the activities of a management system consultancy and will take appropriate action should any such link be identified.
- Auditors and others involved in the certification process are not and will not be put under any pressure and will not be influenced in any way to come to a particular conclusion regarding the result of an audit.