ISO 14001 EMS Foundation Course
CQI and IRCA Certified EMS Foundation Training courses will equip you with the basic understanding and knowledge for the design and implementation of an environmental management system within the organisation in accordance with ISO 14001.
This course will teach you the management systems approach to managing environmental impacts and the requirements of ISO 14001.
Duration: 1 Day
Who Should Attend
This course is for those requiring an introduction to ISO 14001, especially those involved in the design, implementation and management of an EMS. Successful completion of this course is required for certification as an Internal Auditor on IRCA’s EMS certification scheme.
|Attending this course will help you understand how to develop an environmental management system within your organisation based on the ISO 14001 international standard. It will introduce you to the basic concepts of environmental risk and impact analysis, and how to translate that into environmental controls to reduce the environmental impact of your organisation.|
- Benefits of an effective EMS to businesses
- Essential environmental terminology and familiarisation with ISO 14001 definitions
- Purpose and intent of an environmental management system
- Environmental issues and how to assess and determine environmental aspects and impacts
- Understanding organizational context and a risk-based approach
- Summary of key environmental legislation and relevance of legislation to an EMS
- Structure and key requirements of ISO 14001
- Setting environmental objectives
- Continual improvement process for an EMS
- Monitoring, measurement and analysis