IEMA/IRCA ISO 14001 EMS Lead Environmental Auditor Course
CQI and IRCA Certified EMS Auditor Training courses will equip you to assess the conformance of organisations’ environmental management systems to ISO 14001.
This course teaches you the management systems approach to managing environmental impacts, the requirements of ISO 14001, and how to plan, complete and report the audit of an entire EMS. This course also includes a 2-hour written examination.
Duration: 5 Days
Who Should Attend
This course is for those intending to acquire the competence to audit an organisation’s ISO 14001-based management system, either as third or second-party auditor. This course meets the requirement for certification to IRCA’s EMS Auditor Scheme.
This course satisfies the formal training requirements for those wishing to register with the IEMA Auditor Registration Scheme and/or with the CQI and IRCA Certified auditing scheme.
This training course will help delegates perform value-added audits and develop wider understanding of environmental management systems development and implementation. Delegates will gain an understanding of the level of performance required for implementing a successfully certified EMS and how to assess against the ISO 14001:2015 standard. It will help delegates to develop essential conceptual skills including risk-based thinking, continual improvement, life-cycle thinking, and process-based approaches.
- Overview of current environmental thinking
- Structure and requirements of ISO 14001:2015 & EMAS
- Key environmental concepts and essential terminology
- Key focus areas for auditing core environmental processes
- Overview of current environmental legislative requirements and relevance to auditing
- Objectives and types of environmental audits
- Certification (based on ISO 17021) and verification processes for EMS
- Roles and responsibilities of auditors and of lead auditors
- Auditor skills & development
- Processes and techniques for planning, conducting & reporting audits
- Audit follow-up activities and auditing for continual improvement
- Effective audit planning, execution and reporting based on current auditing standards
- Identifying valid findings, non-conformances and corrective action management
- Auditor registration