Business Continuity Management Systems
ISO 22301 is an international benchmark that helps organisations develop resilience within their operations to ensure their preparedness to respond to and manage disruptive events, and achieve efficient recovery of business operations.
This standard can be used by any organisation, regardless of its size, scope, field of business, public or private, to develop and implement a business continuity management system based on accepted international best practices.
ISO 22301 will help organisations understand the business impact of their various products, services, processes and activities, and develop lists of prioritised products and services based on business value and requirements. A robust risk management process will help the organisation understand the risks associated with its products and services and the impacts of any disruptive events on its business. A business continuity management system will ensure that the organisation has strategies and plans to manage disruptive events and ensure the continuity of its business operations and efficient recovery after the disruptive event.
Achieving ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System certification will help your organisation:
- Build resilience within the organisation to overcome disruptive events and incidents.
- Manage business risks related to business processes and resources,
- Analyse the business impacts of processes, services, products and activities and identify the priorities in response and recovery.
- Develop incident management and response process capable of minimising disruption within the organisation.
- Implement strategies for managing disruptive events and business continuity until recovery.
- Improve the communication with stakeholders and employees