Quality management – Customer Satisfaction – Guidelines for Monitoring and Measuring
ISO 10004 provides guidance on developing and implementing processes for monitoring and measuring customer satisfaction within the organisation. The standard supports the development and implementation of an overall framework to ensure customer satisfaction that integrates with the context of the organisation, and focuses on leadership and commitment. The standard specifies the key principles to implement and maintain an effective monitoring and measuring processes for customer satisfaction which include:
- Commitment of the organisation
- Ensuring effective capacity to manage the monitoring and measuring processes
- Transparency of the monitoring and measuring processes
- Accessibility to all interested parties
- Responsiveness to the results of monitoring and measurement
- Information integrity and confidentiality
- Ensuring a customer-focused approach that promotes accountability and competence
- Providing timelines for monitoring and measuring customer satisfaction
- Comprehension and continuity of monitoring and measurement
This standard can be used by any organisation, regardless of its size, scope, field of business, public or private, to develop and implement an effective monitoring and measuring processes for customer satisfaction within the organisation based on accepted international best practices.
Achieving ISO 10004 attestation for your customer satisfaction monitoring and measuring processes will help your organisation:
- Achieve higher levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ensure alignment with international best practices and benchmarks
- Gain the trust of your customers and stakeholders as to the transparency and robustness of your quality operations.
- Achieve a competitive advantage on the market with distinguished clients and customers.
- Stay in control of your customer satisfaction results and trends, and develop action plans based on factual results.
- Achieve more efficient utilisation of resources used for the monitoring and measuring of customer satisfaction.
- Promote the importance of customer-focus within the organisation.