Quality management – Customer Satisfaction – Guidelines for Complaints Handling in Organisations
ISO 10002 provides guidance on developing and implementing complaints handling framework and process within organisations related to its products and services. The standard supports the development and implementation of a complaints handling framework that integrates with the context of the organisation, and focuses on leadership and commitment. The standard specifies the key principles to implement and maintain an effective complaints management process which include:
- Commitment of the organisation
- Ensuring effective capacity to manage customer complaints
- Transparency of the complaints process
- Accessibility to all interested parties
- Responsiveness and objectivity in resolving complaints
- Charges imposed for utilising the complaints process
- Information integrity and confidentiality
- Ensuring a customer-focused approach that promotes accountability and competence
- Timely resolving of complaints
- Continual improvement of the complaints management process
This standard can be used by any organisation, regardless of its size, scope, field of business, public or private, to develop and implement an effective complaints handling framework within the organisation based on accepted international best practices.
Achieving ISO 10002 attestation for your customers’ complaints handling framework will help your organisation:
- Achieve higher levels of customer satisfaction.
- Gain the trust of your customers and stakeholders as to the transparency and robustness of your quality operations.
- Ensure the alignment of your complaints handling processes with international best practices.
- Achieve a competitive advantage on the market with distinguished clients and customers.
- Achieve more efficient utilisation of resources used for the handling customer complaints.
- Promote the importance of customer-focus within the organisation.